We respect your privacy by collecting almost no personal data.
We store your IP address for anti-abuse purposes.
We do not use any analytic services.
We do not embed any resources from 3rd party websites. This does not apply to user generated content (see below).
Our main website does not collect any additional personal data.
When you comment here we collect:
- Your comment (obviously)
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
When you contribute to our repository an account is automatically created.
We collect your username from GitHub.
This website can contain 3rd party resources provided by user generated content.
For contributions an account in our community is required.
- A history of all your edits to translations (obviously)
For contributions an account in our community is required.
When you contribute we collect:
- A history of all your edits to pages (obviously)
Our software (Player, Editor, Tools, liblcf and OpenRTP)
Our software does not access the internet. All data is stored locally and never automatically transferred to us. We collect no telemetry etc.
When reporting bugs we will ask you to submit some of this data manually.
When you report a bug we ask you to submit the log file (
easyrpg_log.txt) and the savegames (
log file contains information about the execution of the engine and does not contain any personal data. The savegames do not normally contain
any personal data. Some games will ask you for personal data such as your name. This data is then available in the savegame.
When EasyRPG Player crashes under Windows, a memory dump (
dmp) is created. This can contain
personal data such as your Windows username and other applications running on your system.
When you e-mail us you agree that we use your e-mail address for communicating with you.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our website and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We use external service providers for the chat. The chat system is bridged. This means that all messages are visible across all networks. If you use the chat, you agree to the terms and conditions of these services. All chat messages are saved and are publicly accessible. We store time, nickname and the message: Access the chatlogs.
We use external service providers to keep you up to date. By visiting these sites you agree to the terms and conditions:
Information disclosure to outside parties
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our website policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this website.
We may process Personal Data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given Your consent for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which EasyRPG Project is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in EasyRPG Project.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by EasyRPG Project.
In any case, EasyRPG Project will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Your Rights under the GDPR
The EasyRPG Project undertakes to respect the confidentiality of Your Personal Data and to guarantee You can exercise Your rights.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests. If You make a request, We will try our best to respond to You as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data. For more information, if You are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact Your local data protection authority in the EEA.